Saturday, November 15, 2008

Excitement, Dystopia, Transgression and Other Unrelated Words

I just spent a ridiculous amount of money on liquor. I've never spent more than $50 on a bottle of anything - and I just more than tripled that on one bottle. And threw in another, slightly less expensive one. You know - just in case I wasn't over-indulging enough.

I don't say this as a form of bragging, or of ashamed confession.

In fact, I don't even regret the purchase, even though I haven't received the items yet. After the purchase, I felt excited - it was, after all, two bottles of high quality Absinthe.

I'm not excited about the drunkenness - that is just par for the course these days.

Nay, I'm excited for what it signifies for me - the clarity and vibrance with which I'm seeing the world.

This is bliss.



I can see a light at the end of the tunnel - a light that never goes out, some may say. I can see a way through my various trials and tribulations - not an easy way, and I don't know what sort of happily ever after may lay ahead, if any at all - but a way through, at any rate.

And that is something to be giddy about.










Wait, did I really just spend that much money on alcohol?




Crap.

2 comments:

the moon is a cookie said...

^^ giddy.

the last time i had any absinthe i was in your company.

-from hell said...

You should partake in some palavering and liqourice flavoured libations again.

There is much in the way of catching up that must be done, as well.